Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The VERY FIRST Hard Rock Cafe, LONDON

 Since my family and I have made it a point to always go to the Hard Rock Cafe in whatever city or country we travel to that has one, I figured it was CRUCIAL that I find my way to the very first Hard Rock Cafe ever; Hard Rock London.
Of course, we were seated next to memorabilia from The Who and The Beatles, namely Paul McCartney and George Harrison's concert jackets [pictured].  Our waiter was very knowledgeable and accommodating, even upon us quizzing him with Hard Rock history and trivia.  This original Hard Rock Cafe was erected in 1971 and hasn't moved since, with the first piece of memorabilia still hanging above the bar; Eric Clapton's Lead II Fender (making it also the very first piece of memorabilia donated to the Hard Rock Cafe EVER!  What makes this hard rock cafe
extra unique is the fact that it offers live music in the basement! Though originally opened by Americans Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton, it is now under the ownership of the Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida (random, I know).  A plaques dedicated to the tribe hangs at the entrance of the London Hard Rock.  Another extremely interested thing that I managed to miss on my trip but subsequently learned about on the Hard Rock Cafe website, is that the London location owns a "newly refurbished" vault, where they house their most valuable pieces of rock memorabilia.  This vault is "located in the old Coutts Bank, now the Hard Rock Cafe London Rock Shop used to protect the Queens coffers."(http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe).



   

















Also, on a completely unrelated note--aside for the fact that is is also a "first built" location and the sighting occurred on the same wonderful day as my Hard Rock Cafe visit, I passed by the very first YMCA [pictured below].  Part of me doesn't believe it was the very first, being in an extremely wealthy area of London, but who am I to judge these things? :)
Goodnight world, I'm off to bed.

Xoxo-
Abby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment